1 Box (250g) of Conchiglioni (we used Farabella GF)
240g Baby Spinach (blanched, drained & chopped)
250g Shredded Mozzarella (half for filling/half for topping)
1/2 Cup Parmigianno Reggiano
2 Eggs (whisked)
1 Bunch of Parsley (chopped)
Oregano (for topping)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
1 Small Bunch of Basil
720ml Bottle Passata
*a pinch of sugar (to balance acidity)
1. Prepare your tomato sugo by adding your garlic, basil, chilli flakes (optional) and olive oil to a cold fry pan. Turn heat to medium.
2. Sautee for a couple of minutes but be careful not burn the garlic.
3. Add passata and stir to bring together.
4. Cook for 10-15min until it thickens.
5. Season with salt and if it tastes acidic add a pinch of sugar to balance out. Set sugo aside.
6. Cook pasta shells in salted boiling water until al dente.
7. In a bowl, mix together the rest of your ingredients.
1. Once pasta is cooked, remove and drizzle with a little olive oil to avoid them sticking and allow to cook slightly.
8. Assemble by placing a few ladles of your sauce in a baking tray. Stuff shells generously with mixture and place into tray.
9. Cover shells with remaining sauce and mozzarella, a good sprinkle of parmigianno and top it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
10. Place into pre heated oven at 180C and cook for 20-25min or until cheese is golden brown, enjoy!
Follow us for more recipes!